Surrogacy works in 5 simple steps begin the steps with a donation of sperms and eggs and end up with the transfer of embryos to the surrogate mother and also arranging the rights from the local courts to the intended parents only.
For the couples in Kenya, Gestational Surrogacy is now becoming the best option to choose for their fertility option to choose the best treatment for all the childless couples who are facing the issues relative to it.
With following the 5 simple steps any would be parents may get the help of the surrogate mother in becoming the proud parents of the happy child.
The five basic steps in such respect are-
Step 1:- Find your Qualified Surrogate.
Step 2:- Egg/Sperm donation and fertilization.
Step 3:- Embryo Transfer.
Step 4: – Pregnancy and Pre-natal care.
Step 5:- Birth and the Return Home.
Let’s discuss all the steps one by one.
Step 1:- Find your Qualified Surrogate stage:- Many surrogacy agencies specialized in finding and managing the gestational surrogacy for gestational carriers by the gestational mothers. As not every mother is being able to qualify for Surrogate mother, there should be the long list for such qualifications to find out relative to this surrogate mothers qualifications and after finding the surrogate of your choice then the surrogate will go through these varieties of evaluations such as medical, psychological, legal and criminal verifications of such a kind that can be easily evaluated by all the service providers.
As surrogates are in short supply so the recruiter will not provide a catalogue of candidates for reviewing the egg donors. Instead, the recruiter evaluates surrogate for medical criteria and forward the criteria for forwarding one candidate they think is most suitable in such respect which they think is most suitable to have their surrogate to give birth to their child.
The parents and the representative will then have to review for the candidates who are present for being their surrogate and they select the one and it is up to their choice to either select or disapprove the candidate for choosing their surrogate, if disapproved by the couple then the recruiter will move them to the most qualified surrogate in such a kind.
Often would be parents should check out the best financial commitment before financial commitments are performed which are to be as under:-
- Psychiatric screening and the check-up regarding the same.
- Fertility and OBGYN evaluation.
- Blood hormone analysis.
- Be sure about the criminal background and must review the background with deep verification.
- Insurance review.
- Legal contracts to be reviewed well that what should be the norms regarding the same and must work within such norms.
Step 2:- Egg/Sperm donation and fertilization stage:- donation of egg made simple through:-
- Check that there is the qualified donors present and for that blood tests and ultrasound scans will reveal for the adequate supply of eggs and having the probationary fertility treatments.
- Plan the cycle and for donation, the donor must visit the clinic for donation either on day 1 or day 8 of her cycle and beginning for day 1 of the cycle of the natural cycle and it may continue till 2 weeks for the completion of the cycle.
- Next step is the stimulation of follicles and for these, the stimulation will mature the ovarian follicles and produce viable eggs and also will result in 15 days maturity for such a time period to be conducted.
- For fertilization of eggs, the clinics should use the ICSI process for the completion of the process as this process alleviates the procedure related to low sperm count and poor sperm quality.
- Once eggs are retrieved and fertilized the eggs are developed in the laboratory for 5 days. After 5 days the embryos reach the stage of Blastocyst and this is the stage just before the embryo begins to grow into a fetus.
Step 3:- Embryo transfer stage:- the fertilization process typically results in several viable embryos and must be transferred immediately reaching the stage of Blastocyst so as to be transferred for such a procedure to be completed to be transferred to the surrogate mother’s uterus for such a transfer may lead soon to pregnancy that time.
After 10 to 15 days of the transferring of the embryo the surrogate should go to the clinic for a pregnancy test, the test is beta HCG or (b HCG) test to be performed at the relative clinic.
A positive b HCG leads to pregnancy and negative b HCG leads to non-pregnancy and a very high b HCG test may result in twin pregnancy.
Step 4:- Pregnancy and pre-natal birth stage:- After the confirmation of the successful pregnancy, the surrogate should be under prenatal care. While in some cases, the surrogate should get the communal surrogate house with the assurance that she is providing the best in terms of the clean and stress-free environment in order to complete the pregnancy with peaceful and other facilities which she is needed to give birth to the healthy child.
Pregnancy concierge services which are often available for assisting the surrogate during the pregnancy and services should be provided as the house cleaning and cooking, transportation to clinic appointments, visiting of the nurses and clothing allowances.
In some cases, the caretaker should be provided by the intended parents to look after the surrogate mother during the pregnancy and made the pregnancy successful without any complications to be faced by the surrogate till the time of the birth of the child of the intended parents.
Mostly intended parents agents should send their surrogate’s regular updates and also the ultrasound scans to be regularly sent to the future parents along with the results of the examinations and all tests.
Step 5:- Births, passports and return home:- when the surrogate is prepared to go into labor, then at that time the intended parents agent would inform the future parents to arrange a convenient date for the delivery and the future parents will then travel to the clinic to welcome their son or daughter as their own child and who makes them proud to be the parents of the healthy child. The intended parents generally stay in the hospital with their child for 2 to 4 days with the baby who is under observation.
After that for international couples, their agent’s local team will be able to help them with local bureaucracy to make returning home and straightforward. While the parents and their agents arrange for baby’s passport and birth registration procedure and after 3 to 6 weeks the child will be able to receive regular check-ups and medical treatments from the local pediatric hospital and once the parents should receive the visa and passport for exiting, the parents can leave for home after all the formalities to be completed with their own child to their own country and home.